OBTL Surety Agency, LLC, d/b/a Turbosurety and its affiliates (collectively referred to as “Turbosurety”, “we”, “us”, “our”) provides this Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) to help you understand what information about you we collect, why we collect it, and what we do with it. It applies to users of www.turbosurety.com (the “Site”) and any other websites, products, services, and applications (the “Services”) to which this Privacy Notice is linked. This privacy notice does not govern information collected by any third party, including through any application or content that may be linked to, or accessible from, our Services.
What Personal Information We Collect
When you use our Services, we may collect several types of information from and about you, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, including your name, e-mail address, and phone number;
- that is about you but does not individually identify you; and
- about your device, browser, and IP address in order to distinguish users, identify sessions, and manage traffic.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect information in the following ways:
Information that You Give Us
You may provide us information about yourself and your household when you buy a product or service from us, use our websites or other applications, send us an application or claim form, or communicate with us. If your Service was obtained through a third party (such as an insurance producer, administrator, or dealer), information may be provided to us by that third party on your behalf.
If you provide us with information about individuals other than yourself, you agree to obtain any consent required to share that person’s information under any applicable laws, rules, or regulations.
Information from Our Affiliates
We may obtain information about your transactions with our affiliates in accordance with applicable law.
Information from Third Parties
We may obtain some information about you from non-affiliated third parties. These third-party sources vary over time and by Service, but may include:
- Consumer reporting agencies;
- Third party service providers;
- Publicly-available sources;
- Insurance agents and brokers;
- Social media; and
- Other third parties whom you have authorized to provide us information or as otherwise permitted by law.
Information Collected Automatically
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our websites
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our websites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our websites and emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Personal Information
Generally, we use your personal information to provide you with the products and services that you request, offer you other products and services that we think might interest you, and to improve your overall experience with our Services. We may also use your personal information for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To communicate with you about your account, business relationship, products, or services;
- To let you know about new features, products, or services that may be available to you;
- To bill you, process payments, and collect on amounts that you may owe us;
- To improve our products, services, sites, and operations;
- To personalize your experience while using our Services;
- To comply with the laws, rules, and regulations that apply to our business;;
- To establish or defend our legal rights and responsibilities, or those of our affiliates, business partners, vendors, customers, or others; or
- With your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share your personal information with:
- Our affiliates. Our subsidiaries and affiliates may provide a variety of products and services, including financial products and services such as bonds, insurance, and insurance agency or brokerage services.
- Our vendors and service providers. We utilize third party service providers, which may include call center service providers; claims servicing providers and third party administrators; software providers; professional advisors; and consumer reporting agencies who may provide products or services to you on our behalf. We may share your personal information with these third parties to conduct our business, provide and improve upon our Services, or engage in marketing or research activities.
- Other insurance-related entities. We may share personal information with third parties, such as other insurers, reinsurers, brokers, and third-party administrators in connection with our insurance-related Services and activities.
- Distribution partners. We may make personal information available to our distribution and marketing partners, including dealers, retailers, referral partners, sales agents, and others involved in the distribution, sales, or marketing of our Services or other products or services that we may co-market with third parties.
- Governmental entities and parties involved in litigation. We may share personal information with governmental entities and third parties involved in litigation or other dispute resolution to comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations; protect our safety or privacy, or those of third parties; and establish or defend our legal rights or responsibilities.
- Other third parties. We may also share your personal information with other third parties, including credit bureaus and credit reporting agencies; insurers; others involved in a claim; and any parties involved in a corporate sale, acquisition, merger, or other transfer of all or part of our assets.
We may aggregate or de-identify information collected by the Services in such a way that it is not capable of identifying you. Our use and disclosure of aggregated or de-identified information is not subject to any restrictions under this Privacy Notice, and we may disclose it to others without limitation for any purpose.
Changes to this Notice
We may update this privacy changes to our information handling practices. If we make any changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you by means of a notice on our website(s) and application(s) prior to the change becoming effective, and we will change the “last revised” date at the top of this page. We encourage you to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices and handling of your personal information.
How to Update Your Personal Information
If you believe that any of the personal information that we have collected about you is incorrect, you may send a written request for review to the address below. We will investigate your report and make any changes that we determine are appropriate and justified.
Who to Contact About Your Personal Information
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or our use of your personal information, you can call us at 888-888-2245 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
2438 Fowler Street
Ft. Meyers, FL 33901